If you don’t wan’t to spend too much time on baking, this recipe idea is perfect 💕 EASY ❣️
You can make them bigger or smaller. The size of your heart is up to you 😝
Heart-Shaped Mini Melonpan
Difficulty: Very Easy
Number of servings: 24 mini (5cm/2inch) Melonpan
4~6 hot dog buns (or any kind of fluffy bun)
4 tbsp. (50g) butter (softened)
3~4 tbsp. granulated sugar
Wilton Icing Gel Color red
1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
1/3 tsp. baking powder
granulated sugar for coating
1. Cut out the hot dog buns using a heart-shaped cookie cutter. Bottom half of the buns work perfect.
2. Beat butter and sugar until creamy, add egg little by little and mix well. Add Wilton Icing Gel Color red to make it pink. If you want, you can add a few drops of vanilla extract.
3. Sift in flour and baking powder and mix well.
4. Spoon the cookie dough onto the bun, wrap with plastic wrap to coat the bun with the cookie topping.
5. Roll in the granulated sugar and place it on a parchment paper about an inch apart. With a scraper or a knife, score the cookie dough in a criss-cross pattern.
6. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Meanwhile place the Melonpan in the fridge to set. (Up to 30 minutes is ok)
7. Bake at 350F (180C) for 10 minutes. (Depending on the heat of the oven, cooking time may differ, so please watch out.)